Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thirteen Places...


*Places I need to visit before I Die.*


1.The Nazca Plateau, Peru
Yeah i wanna see the drawings only visible from the air.
2. The Great Serpent Mound, Ohio
Earthen mounds are a big deal in the US, but this one is the most famous.
3.Ayre's Rock, Australia
Apparently the earth energies coming from that spot is the most acute in the world.
4.The Uffington Horse, Sussex, England
A giant horse carved into the chalky English countryside. Gotta see that.
5.The Bride Stones, England
Again. A giant monolith circle. primitive man was indeed strange
6.The Cave of the Swallows, Mexico
a large chasm kind of cave, it is a thing of beauty and wonder and I would love to see it.
7.Swineside Circle,Northern England
Apparently the legend is the devil used to visit the stone circle nightly, causing the stones to sink into the earth. Gotta see that.
8.Mary Queen's Close, Scotland
the old city that Edinburgh, Scotland is built on. Parts of it are open for tours, but i would LOVE to really explore whats hidden down there.
9.Chanctonbury Ring, England
A man levitated there once in the 70's and there as been odd energy disturbances there for centuries.
10.Boleskin House , Loch Ness, Scotland
Alestair Crowley, The great Beast of the occult, started a demon ritual there back in the day. He never finished it and to this day theres disturbances at the house, which is a bed and breakfast.
11.The Myrtles, Lousiana
One of the Country's oldest haunted homes. I would LOVE to visit.
12.The Queen Mary, Long Beach, CA
Gian Ocean liner thats supposedly haunted by several entities. Sign me up!
13.Renne-le-Chateau, France
the Sauniere, the real one, not the Dan Brown fictional character, was a preist in France and when renovating an old church, he found something that caused him to doubt his faith. He put a devil in the entryway with the words "this place is terrible" and sunk quickly into the occult and died mysteriously, unable to recieve confession and his last rites.

13 comments:

Amelia June said...

I dunno, all those places sound deeply creepy.

On a related note--I have been to Sedona, AZ. Really cool place, right up your alley :)

Tilly Greene said...

Vacation time!

Thanks darlin'...now my mind is floating around the world and not to the ms right in front of me...oh well :-)

Cinnamon Girl said...

What an awesome list! Sign me up if you put together a tour. I would also like to visit Castle Bran in Transylvania =)

Unknown said...

Can I come too! Just tell me when we're planning the trip and I'm so there. Very cool.

MsSnarkyPants said...

I want to go to the Myrtles too! So badly! And Renne-le-Chateau! I have wanted to ever since I played the last Gabriel Knight game.

Crimson Wife said...

Cool list! I've been to #2 and #12 and really they're not all that exciting.

Sedona is beautiful and very New Age-y if you're into that sort of thing.

Becka said...

Ghost stories freak me out. I saw a ghost when I was a child, and ever since, I have all the lights on when I watch creepy shows on TV if I'm alone. If I'm with DH, then I cuddle. Hard. LOL

Not sure I'd "thrill seek" at haunted places, tho. Once was enough for me. :)

~~Becka
http://beckasbabble.blogspot.com

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Oooh, could I go with you? :-) Happy TT!

Perri Nelson said...

That's an excellent list. So far I've been to exactly one of those places. I've been to see the Queen Mary.

Unknown said...

Quite the list you got there :) Happy Thurs 13 :)

Ann said...

I haven't been to any of the places on your list, but I did visit Stonehenge (and was evidently one of the last times you could actually walk among the stones) it was a truly awesome (if bone chilling) experience (note to others- not the place to be in the middle of a freezing February). Happy TT.

Spy Scribbler said...

Wow, I had no idea about the Great Serpent Mounds, and I live in Ohio! I remember reading about mounds and being fascinated, though.

There are so many places I'd love to see ...

Happy TT!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

wow! that is some list! i wouldn't mind seeing those either!

smiles, bee