Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Its tuesday and im already exhausted.

This normally doesn't happen, I'm usually running pretty much full steam ahead until Saturday, when I start to slow down, unless its a signing week, then I take it easy with prepping and planning and then let my energy seep during the event.

That was the plan for this week, but its not to be. I'm already tired and knackered. Yesterday morning I had a dream about a guy I knew, and hadn't spoken to in over 10 years. I hadnt even thought about him for a long while, but we were friends in HS, and I used to have a severe crush on him.

So when I got up yesterday I realized that it was the 15th and it was his birthday, which was a nice little coincidence for me. So taking it as a reason to contact him, I went looking for him on Facebook because lets face it, everyone is on facebook. What I found shocked me. My friend passed away in Feb. Needless to say I was a bit disturbed, freaked out even, and I let myself have a good cry. He was a brilliant musician and apparently brilliant in general. Ill miss him. When we were close he always made me laugh.

My dream, or what I remember of it, was nice, and there was a hug involved between us. I like to think it was a good thing. And wherever he is, I hope hes a peace.

So because of this yesterday was a bit of a stretch for me to function. And because of THAT I'm exhausted and my week hasn't even begun. I have LunaCon starting on Friday, Kay Jamison is driving up to visit for the weekend on Thursday, and I have 12 panels this weekend. Normally I'm vivacious and excited about events, but I think I'm going to be more subdued this time and I hope that doesn't ruin my experience. I'm hoping this is a fun con, and I'm already packed for all my promo and books. Now to figure out clothing for three days. I'm not even remotely ready for this one... Normally I'm raring to go already.

Seeing Kay is going to rock, and we both need some human interaction. Its been far too long since I have hung out with the girls. Its why I'm looking forward to RT in April.

No comments: